Staying with the theme of converting the van like you would a house, I turned my attention to the roof gutter. The main body of the van is steel and the roof is made of fiberglass. Where the steal and fiberglass met the sealant was cracked, rotted and needed replacing. I wire brushed all the old sealant until it was clean and clear. I didn’t reseal it right away just in case there was any trapped moisture that would cause rusting.
The next day I bought a PU adhesive and started to fill in the gaps. To make a smooth finish I used my finger to make sure all the gaps were filled to prevent water getting in.
The adhesive took a few days to dry because of the time of year but I wasn’t planning to paint the van until the following week.