I started to work on the van roof. The reason for this was because I was treating it as you would a house with a leaking roof to stop further damage. I had use of the garage indoors so I really needed to get the roof waterproof and ready.
Two major problems were wrong with the roof
1. The front left side corner had an hole in it caused by the previous owner driving into a car park barrier.
2. The “gutter” where the steel frame meets the fiberglass roof was cracked and letting in water.
I started to repair the hole first and used an old milk carton to create the curve of the roof from the inside, then started to build up layers with fibreglass. It took a few days to dry between layers as the garage was so cold.